A machine woven carpet designed by Frank Brangwyn and made by Templeton, Glasgow. Designed for the Pollard exhibition. Circa 1929.
Frank Brangwyn was a polymath, an artist-craftsman who created murals, oils and watercolours, furniture, textiles, ceramics, stained glass and prints. Born in 1867 in Bruges, Brangwyn moved to London as a child. He lived in the capital for most of his life until moving to Ditchling, where he died in 1956.