- Size: 14'7" × 24'9" (444 × 754 cm)New, Modern & Custom Rugs in Stock, Dhurrie Rugs, Oversized RugsDhurrie rug, also known as durrie or durry, it is a thick flat-woven carpet with characteristic designs and colors. A cotton flat-weave dhurrie rug is cool during the summer and warm during the winter which […]
- Size: 13'10" × 19'9" (421 × 601 cm)New, Modern & Custom Rugs in Stock, Dhurrie RugsDhurrie, also known as durrie or durry, it is a thick flat-woven Indian carpet with characteristic designs and colors. A cotton flat-weave dhurrie rug is cool during the summer and warm during the […]
- Size: 12'2" × 15'0" (370 × 457 cm)New, Modern & Custom Rugs in Stock, Dhurrie RugsStunning designs of dhurrie rugs are well-known and beloved all over the world, thanks to their vivacious colors and symmetry of pattern. Impact made by flat woven carpets on Indian culture is easily visible and […]
- Size: 13'0" × 23'0" (396 × 701 cm)New, Modern & Custom Rugs in Stock, Dhurrie RugsThe importance of flat woven rugs in Indian culture is undeniable. Availability of materials such as dyes and fiber made the creation of flat woven rugs much easier in the South Asia than anywhere else. As a […]
- Size: 10'0" × 10'2" (304 × 309 cm)New, Modern & Custom Rugs in Stock, Dhurrie Rugs, Square RugsDhurrie rugs are unique and culturally important flat-woven textiles that in India serve a variety of purposes depending on their size, pattern and material. Although the concept of a dhurrie […]
- Size: 13'2" × 15'3" (401 × 464 cm)New, Modern & Custom Rugs in Stock, Dhurrie RugsDhurrie rugs are flat-woven textiles from India that have been transcending social divisions by serving in households of poor and wealthy alike for centuries. Although their range of application is […]
- Size: 10'4" × 11'9" (314 × 358 cm)New, Modern & Custom Rugs in Stock, Dhurrie RugsDhurrie rugs are deeply rooted in Indian tradition. These wonderful textiles have always transcended social boundaries by serving in homes of poor and wealthy alike. Although in the past they […]
New & Custom Dhurrie Rugs
Dhurrie, a traditional Indian rug, has been distinctive of India for centuries. Also called durrie or durry, it is a thick flat-woven carpet with characteristic designs and colors. Apart from vintage Indian dhurrie rugs, Doris Leslie Blau’s collection of dhurrie rugs for sale includes the line of new and custom dhurrie-inspired rugs.
Dhurrie Rugs: Colors & Patterns
Their dominant color palette are different shades of blue and cream. As for patterns, these are mostly stripes or various geometries. Those exceptional dhurrie rugs floor coverings are made of natural, eco-friendly materials, like jute, cotton, silk and wool. What is more, they are hand-spun and hand-dyed.
Dhurrie rugs are unusual not only because of their impressive colors, patterns and motifs but also on account of their functionality. Suffice it to say that they are reversible and easy to clean. A cotton flat-weave dhurrie rug is cool during the summer and warm during the winter which makes it very practical.
Durable Dhurrie Rugs
A dhurrie can be moved and folded easily since it is quite light. No carpet care products are needed because these rugs are normally not infected by insects likely to destroy them. They are durable enough to be placed outdoors (on condition that the climate is warm and dry). In the past, dhurries served various purposes. They could be laid on a bed as a blanket, placed on a wall, table or used for meditation. It wasn’t until the middle of the 20th century when dhurries started to be considered as marvelous and precious carpets.
Dhurrie Rugs: Designs
Early designs of the dhurrie rugs were rather ordinary since the aesthetic function wasn’t of grave concern then. The situation changed after the Partition of India. The inhabitants of certain areas of India moved to Panipat, the ‘Textile City’, where the ancestral craft of weaving started to flourish. Among all Indian rugs, dhurrie rugs are the most ideal choice for homes with traditional, rustic or minimalist décor because of their overall warmth and casualness. Whether a particular dhurrie is in pastel tones or bold vivid shades, it can easily fit into the arrangement of any interior. The new dhurrie rugs for sale from Doris Leslie Blau’s collection will definitely enhance the individuality of your interior.